Self-starting project manager with a background in Industrial Organizational Psychology and 8 years in data collection, methodology, management, and manipulation working in a top research hospital, utilizing data to create evidence-based solutions for workflow process. Conceptualized and managed automation and workflow changes that preserved data quality while improving efficiency by 20%.
Competencies: Data management, reporting, SQL, Python, advanced excel, attention to detail, team building, quantitative analytics, workforce planning, data visualization, project oversight, problem solving, training, mentoring, leadership, and process improvement.
- Served as acting project manager for multi-year, multifaceted database migration project. Identify workflow improvements for data collection procedures for all researchers at the institution. Created project deliverables, such as dashboards, Kanban, requirements documents, flowcharts, defined and tracked key performance indicators for success as well as conducted other project related actives at an ad hoc basis.
- Streamlined data collection and data completion report process that decreased missing data and saved company time by simplifying the process; reducing time needed to complete workflow by 20%.
- Consulted with manager to streamline existing interview and hiring process for research assistance to reduce turnover and ensure applicants are better fit for role.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
IT Project Manager Feb 2021 to Present
Promoted into this position to manage different software used across the institution and spearhead efforts for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting various program issues for internal and external customers.
- Communicate with the software vendor on different projects and ongoing issues ensuring a good turnaround time for completion.
- Gather requirements for different requests from stakeholder and manage the UAT testing before implementation.
- Design and develop an institution wide dashboard focusing on key metrics for applications for funding and for award monies.
- Conduct monthly stakeholder meetings to review worklist and prioritize item for the next sprint.
- Stay informed on government changes regarding grants application and any pending software updates needed.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Data Specialist May 2019- Feb 2021
Promoted into this position with a focus on leading projects, managing data, and maintaining different databases.
Sr. Data Coordinator Feb 2018 – May 2019
Promoted into this position with a focus on leading and training staff and to also take on new responsibilities of managing the laboratory.
- Design and build data visualizations to project milestones and accomplishments.
- Manage data analysis and reporting for various protocols utilizing different statistical software (ie. Excel, SPSS, Stata).
- Utilize data visualization to present study accomplishments and key research highlights to donors.
- Multi-task with different data requests, reports, and data cleanup responsibilities for multiple projects and finish projects within tight deadlines.
- Provide oversight, training, and delegation of duties for staff and trainees.
- Create complex queries and data reports.
- Perform quality assurance on managed databases, including benchmark tracking.
- Consult on developing policies, procedures, and workflow processes to ensure project efficiency.
- Assist various individuals with tech support on issues with Access, Redcap, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Define new data end point in existing database and create a user form that called those end points in RedCap html.
- Develop new data collection process utilizing more accurate database reports that decreased missing data and decreased staff time on the data collection process.
- Provide project oversight with various teams on workforce planning for new studies while ensuring compliance and data integrity.
- Improved research visit operations associated with measurable factors like increased patient satisfaction, decreased wait times, decrease in staff frustration.
- Produced new interview procedures and questions based on job analysis findings to create more efficient Improved the accuracy of staff position descriptions through conducting a job analysis.
- Developed an onboarding training plan which reduced training time by 25%.
- Mentored new employees on career growth, courses to take to facilitate growth, and areas to improve.
- Assisted in performance management through routine feedback to new employees and developed action plans.
- Managed study finances and complete quarterly reports on expenditures.
- Directed weekly team meetings and facilitated different recruitment strategies for increased participant enrollment.
- Produced and managed study related databases in RedCap, Excel, and Access. Extracted relevant data for weekly and monthly meeting graphs, interim analysis, and continuing review.
Sr. Behavioral Science Lab Tech Dec 2011 – Feb 2018
Behavioral Science Lab Tech May 2011 – Dec 2011
Research Assistant Nov 2010 – May 2011
Promoted from RA to Sr. Lab Tech position to expand skill set with a focus on using very technical computer skills, complex problem solving and working in a more involved leadership role with staff.
- Lead laboratory training sessions for new hires and evaluate their performance to have new staff work independently in a timely manner.
- Redesign training plan and onboarding process to result in less time new hire need to be trained and a quicker turn around for them to work independently.
- Support management with capital planning through tracking how many staff hours for each projects, and tracking current staff efforts on ongoing projects.
- Provided coaching to new hires until their competency reached standard or higher.
- Developed marketing materials for research studies.
- Educated new hires on institutional policies, procedures, software, study equipment, and data collection.
- Analyzed study feasibility and developed new study procedures.
- Reduced project costs through restructuring the supply management system.
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
University of Houston Clear Lake
Master’s of Arts in Industrial Organizational Psychology
University of Houston
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology and Sociology
Recruitment Selection Project: Temporarily consulted for a large pharmaceutical company on selecting interns for a long-term artificial intelligence project that required advanced python skills. Advised and educated leaders on structured interviews and developed the interviewed tools used in selection.
Tools used: O*Net, Subject Matter Expert Interviews, Remote Meeting Software, data validation
Job Analysis: Reduced staff turnover by conducting a job analysis and using the findings to create a more effective interview.
Tools used: O*Net, Literature review, Personnel interviews, Excel, Question validation, Needs assessment http://bit.ly/dirba_ja
Data Science Capstone project Utilized python, pandas library, and Square API to analyze available restaurants in the Texas Medical center and determine the best genre of restaurants to open based on current competition.
Tools used: Jupyter notebook, IBM Cloud Services, Python and pandas library, Square API